Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Craving for Cherry Garcia

What's your favorite ice cream?  (",)

When I was still in school, birthday celebrations are my most anticipated days of the year simply because I knew I can have as much ice cream as I want!  I remember growing up with the basic ice cream flavors - chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, mango and ube.  I guess those were the only available flavors back then... and my mother's favorites, too.  

Fast forward.....oh my, who wouldn't go crazy with all the ice cream flavors available today?  I used to change my list of favorite ice cream flavor maybe every six months until I got a taste of Ben & Jerry's super creamy, mouthwatering and incredibly delicious Cherry Garcia!  I fell in love with it after that first spoonful of serving.  Cherry-flavored ice cream base (yes, it's not vanilla base) with lots of cherries (the fruit and not just some red-colored artificial candy) and chocolate fudge bits (or flakes as they call it).  Heavenly!  I swear I can finish a tub all by myself in one sitting..but that's not really healthy, isn't it?



What's in the name?  Apparently, it's sort of a tribute to rock legend Jerry Garcia, the lead guitarist and co-founder of Grateful Dead.  Cool, huh?


Where to get your Cherry Garcia in Manila?  It's a regular item in S & R shopping center (Baclaran, Congressional, Alabang and Global City).  You can also get it from Rustan's grocery but it's pricier there.  In Subic, they have it in Pure Gold.


Don't just take my word for it...try it! (",)  Hmmm, yummy! (",)

1 comment:

  1. Good morning:

    My name is James Nilo. I hope you don't mind if I use one of your photographs as an image cover for my blog seen here

    http://daddynako.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/mission-statement-the-cherry-garcia-way/

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete